Forum Discussion

Tom_Test
Contributor
7 years ago

advanced snapshot

Hi everybody,

last year i found an entry for something like an advanced snapshot. You have to change a setting somewhere deep in Testcomplete and the Testcase will map every object including popups you can`t use the object spy on. I only used it once because it blocked my workstation for halve an hour to get the property of one single object. Since I can’t remember the right keyword I couldn’t find the entry in forum or support. Does anybody know?

Regards

Tom

5 Replies

shankar_r
    Community Hero

Hi,

I guess you talking about the capturing snapshot on object or desktop level. If i'm correct you can see that property in 

Tools > Current Project Properties > Visualizer Then 

Capture style - Specifies the area TestComplete will take a screenshot of. Possible values include –

Value Description
    Top-level parent (Default) The top-level application window with which you are working.
    Desktop The entire desktop.
    Note: When you work with Android applications, Test Visualizer always captures the entire screen of the mobile device.

Source: https://support.smartbear.com/testcomplete/docs/working-with/managing-projects/properties/visualizer.html

Tom_Test
      Contributor

Thank you Shankar,

but that's not what I'm searching for. It produced a lot of data like using the object spy several times. So you could find objects that were not defined by the test script/findchild bevore.

regards

Tom