Forum Discussion

seenamathew
Occasional Contributor
14 years ago

Web application automation on Testcomplete

Hi,

Does testcomplete provide complete support to automate web application? If yes any setting need to be done in Testcomplete tool for testing web application

Regards,

Seena

5 Replies

seenamathew
    Occasional Contributor
    Hi,

I had gone through the article you mentioned. It tells to get a control we need to use Ids of the control in the page. The ids can change in case of dynamically pages which is the case of the application I am testing.So this wont be a reliable method. Please correct if I understood wrong.

• Hi Seena,

You can use any properties for objects identification in TestComplete, actually. If native IDs are variable in your case, you can identify your application's objects via their text, href, class and other properties. In addition, you can use the objects parent-child hierarchy for objects identification (there can be multiple elements with the same text on the entire web page, but the object you need can be the only child object with such text for another object).

seenamathew
    Occasional Contributor
    Hi Allen,

I am attaching a snapshot of the web page hierachy.There are 2 child under the page object-document and form.I want to access a child of the form.I have highlighted the same in the snapshot,it has inner text of 302047.Can you tell me the code to access this with the inner text as you have mentioned in the previous reply?Also till the form object the hierarchy wont vary after that the chuld objects under form can vary
    seenamathew
    Occasional Contributor
    Hi Allen,

I was able to get the child object using inner text.Could not delete the previous reply.Thanks for your help.