Forum Discussion

jenli
Contributor
15 years ago

WPF controls Supported by TestComplete.

Our WPF applications use the  System.Window.Controls.Slider control that is not in the supported WPF control list in TestComplete Help topic "Testing WPF Applications -Overview". But I still can record and playback to test Slider objects.

I got very confiused now what kinds of  Microsoft UI controls have been supported in TestComplete for WPF applications.

Thank you in advance for your response.

3 Replies

• Hi Jennifer,

This control is supported by TestComplete, and the tool provides the WPFTrackBar program object that allows you to work with the control. Please go through the 'WPFTrackBar Object' help topic.

•  

Yes, WPFTrackerBar  is a special program object to work with XAML control:System.Windows.Controls.Slider

Can you give more explanation how TestComplete makes the users to work with other XAML controls that are NOT in the TestComplete supported  List?

From the help topic "Testing WPF Applications - Overview", it says:"Other XAML controls are supported in the same way as other .NET controls". It is too vague and confused. For example: System.Windows.Controls.Border  and System.Windows.Controls.GridViewRowPresenter which are not in the TestComplete WPF supported list But I still can work with these two controls in my WPF application.

• Hi Jennifer,

For those WPF controls listed in that help topic, TestComplete provides special program objects that contain specific methods and properties as well as methods and properties that TestComplete applies to all test and onscreen objects. Also, TestComplete can access Open applications' objects by using their native methods and properties. See the ".NET Open Applications" help topic for more information.