Forum Discussion

katasonov
Occasional Contributor
6 years ago
Solved

WPF App compiled with Framework 4 and higher does not testable in Testcomplete 9

Hi,

I compiled sample project "<All Users>\Documents\TestComplete 9 Samples\Open Applications\WPF\Orders_VS2010.sln"  with .Net Framework 3.0 or 3.5 in Visual Studio 2017 and I can view any controls here with Object Spy in Testcomplete 9. It is Fine!

But if I compile same project with .Net Framework 4 and higher then Object Spy shows me nothing! I can see only window like: Window("HwndWrapper[Orders.exe;;071092aa-0a71-4c87-80a7-c7a18885e166]", "Orders - Untitled", 1)).

Where is the problem here and how can I solve it to work with projects compiled in .Net framework 4?

Thank you,

Alexander Katasonov

• Based upon version history, .NET Framework 4.5 was added to TestComplete version 9.10.

What version of TestComplete are you running?  If you're running 9.10, this should work and we'll need to look at something else.  If you're running 9.0, then you may need to investigate upgrading.

• I think minor upgrades are generally free.  Go to your customer portal for SmartBear and you should already have available to you the ability to upgrade all the way to 9.31, I think.

If not, you may need to contact your customer success manager at SmartBear or contact their sales team for information on upgrading.

Note: TestComplete is now up to 12.50 with version 12.60 in Beta.  As technology changes, new versions of TC have support for the new tech.  You might want to investigate a full upgrade which, I believe, will cost money.

6 Replies

tristaanogre
    Esteemed Contributor

Based upon version history, .NET Framework 4.5 was added to TestComplete version 9.10.

What version of TestComplete are you running?  If you're running 9.10, this should work and we'll need to look at something else.  If you're running 9.0, then you may need to investigate upgrading.

katasonov
      Occasional Contributor

My version is 9.0

I have to buy new license tp upgrade from v.9.0 to v9.10 ?

tristaanogre
        Esteemed Contributor

I think minor upgrades are generally free.  Go to your customer portal for SmartBear and you should already have available to you the ability to upgrade all the way to 9.31, I think.

If not, you may need to contact your customer success manager at SmartBear or contact their sales team for information on upgrading.

Note: TestComplete is now up to 12.50 with version 12.60 in Beta.  As technology changes, new versions of TC have support for the new tech.  You might want to investigate a full upgrade which, I believe, will cost money.