Forum Discussion

santoshinivuppa
Occasional Contributor
10 years ago
Solved

Values typed in the text box but still message that values should be given

Hi, 

I am currently working on ASP.Net application wherein in a particular text box when I give the value needed, It still gives me a message that values should be given at the time of play-back while everythings seems to work perfectly fine when I am recording the test.

Could you please let me know what can be done about it?

I have cleared the browser cache  and things like that but no use.

Please find the screenshot attached....
  • When does the field check it's populated? Some applications/websites require that you tab out of the field (or hit enter, or whatever) before the value is actually passed back to be used.

So if you are using keys or settext or something to enter a value, but not leaving/entering the field, it may not know the value is there and throw a validation error.

4 Replies

• Try tab.

I don't know the application but I suspect leaving the field is a trigger event.

Your dev team should be able to tell you how it works.
    santoshinivuppa
    Occasional Contributor
    Hi colin,

It was something from the development side.  It was sorted.

Thank you for your inputs
  • When does the field check it's populated? Some applications/websites require that you tab out of the field (or hit enter, or whatever) before the value is actually passed back to be used.

So if you are using keys or settext or something to enter a value, but not leaving/entering the field, it may not know the value is there and throw a validation error.
    santoshinivuppa
    Occasional Contributor
    Thank you for your reply.  But the application I am working on does not support pressing "Enter" like the way it usually works as you say.  The moment I click "Enter", it is taking me to a different page.