Forum Discussion

mbarbworldtrips
Contributor
3 years ago
Solved

Unable to perform the action because the button '$49.17 Select' is disabled

Adding and processing a keyword test. The software provides the ability for the user to change a value that helps calculate the value in the box.

Initial box presented contains $49.17 based on Maximum Coverage of 50,000 and Deductible of 250.

User keeps Maximum Coverage at 50,000 and changes the deductible to 0.

Updated Box now reads $69.30 based on  Maximum Coverage of 50,000 and Deductible of 0.

When in playback mode, I am receiving an error with the message 'Unable to perform the action because the button '$49.17 Select' is disabled'.

What can I do to get the system to recognize the new box amount?

Environment: TestComplete in an RDP session through a corporate VPN. 

mbarbworldtrips
    3 years ago

Unable to get help from developer at this time. I went back to simplicity and began inserting delays  in different places. It is now working.

10 Replies

Marsha_R
    Champion Level 3

You need to find a way to identify the initial box object without having the amount in there.  "$49.17 Select" isn't there any more when you try to look at the updated box so it is failing.

If you can show us the object spy contents for the button initially and after you've updated it, then we can help you find another way to look at the object.

mbarbworldtrips
      Contributor

Thanks Marsha_R!

This is from inspecting the image in the product. If I need to look for something different than this let me know. I can ask the dev team.

Here is before:

and after:

TestComplete captures it as:

mbarbworldtrips
      Contributor

Marsh_R - this may be more of what you were looking for...

Before...

After...

Marsha_R
        Champion Level 3

Is that going to be the only Select button available at this point in the test?