Forum Discussion

Blur
Contributor
9 years ago
Solved

Unable to find objects.

I am using keyword tests.  During some of my tests, I would get an error that says something along the lines of being unable to find the object.  I can clearly see the objects; boxes, buttons, textboxes on my screen.  The only thing that works so far would be to press F5 to refresh or click a link that leads back to the same page which is essentially is a refresh as well.

Another issue I ran into was when I post on a forum I am working on, the 'Home' key does not function properly.  Pressing F5 before I do the homekey seems to fix this as well.

Does anyone know of an easier and/or more efficient way to solve these issues other than refreshing the page?

Thank you.

• What we have run into is that even though a button or field may appear on the screen, the underlying object may not be loaded yet.  There are a couple of things that help in this case.

We avoid a lot of this by using Focus or Set_Focus on every object before we do something with it.  

You can also put a Delay right before the action that needs the object.  Let it wait just a little longer for it to load.  We don't use this unless we absolutely have to, but if the focus isn't always helping, then this will usually solve the problem.

2 Replies

Marsha_R
    Champion Level 3

What we have run into is that even though a button or field may appear on the screen, the underlying object may not be loaded yet.  There are a couple of things that help in this case.

We avoid a lot of this by using Focus or Set_Focus on every object before we do something with it.  

You can also put a Delay right before the action that needs the object.  Let it wait just a little longer for it to load.  We don't use this unless we absolutely have to, but if the focus isn't always helping, then this will usually solve the problem.

Blur
      Contributor

I will give that a try tomorrow and update if I need additional help. Thank you.