Forum Discussion

romanmfs
Frequent Contributor
6 years ago

Unable to connect to data source

Hi, 

my test case have been running fine until today giving me this message. 

I think I have seen this message before and I fixed it by installing this driver:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=23734

However It seems not to work now on both of my PC and remote.

Detailed error message description:

The needed data source driver is not installed or is not configured properly. To read data, install the 64-bit version of Microsoft Office 12.0 Access Database Engine OLE DB Provider. It is part of Microsoft Access Database Engine 2010 Redistributable. You can find it on the Microsoft website. Alternatively, you can try using the 32-bit version of TestComplete.

3 Replies

tristaanogre
    Esteemed Contributor

It might be good to know what driver, specifically, you're trying to use (code screenshots/copy paste would be good) to be able to better answer the question.

Essentially, you've already noted the one problem: That Microsoft recently changed the Jet engine requiring some driver updates and patching.  The other potential problem is bit-ness.  If you're running 32-bit TC and trying to use a 64-bit database driver (or, vice versa), the message potentially could come back the same.  Double check the bitness and see what you get.

romanmfs
      Frequent Contributor

I have 64 TC and 64 windows 10.

I have variables in TC that are using excel files as a source to to what to fill in the boxes on a website. 

tristaanogre
        Esteemed Contributor

Windows may be 64-bit... but what is the driver you have installed?  64 or 32?

Also... what has changed?  If it was working... and now isn't working... something must have changed, environmentally.  Were windows updates applied? driver updates applied? new workstation? new VM? new version of office?