Forum Discussion

steve_clarke
Contributor
10 years ago

Two Issues since upgrading to 10.30.1145

Hi,

Since upgrading to the above version, I've found two apparent issues.

1) I have a Test Complete installation on a Wndows7 desktop. There are suites of Vbs scripts for our software to be tested with. Not withstanding the point below, it works perfectly well. That is, when I am physically using the desktop. However, if I connect to the desktop via RDP and try to run Test Complete, all that happens is that the TestedApp is invoked and then nothing more. Test Complete just sits there until it finally times out. Also, when I try to close Test Complete it hangs and I need to use the Task Manager to finish the job.

As I mentioned earlier, if I am physically in front of the desktop and using it, no issues at all, the Vbs scripts work perfectly well.

2) Our software application is written in Delphi and is an optimizer tool. You give it access to various sets/amounts of data, make various selections in the gui and get a solution. I have various Vbs scripts to perform tests on our software. I have a problem, whereby, Test Complete appears to be unable to recognise various objects (it has previously recognised) when I increase the amount of data our software loads beyond a certain point.

As an example; I have a script that makes a selection of data in the gui. If I load a small amount of data in our optimizer software, Test Complete 'sees' all the required objects etc and the tests run happily. If I increase the amount of data loaded by our optimizer software, Test Complete becomes unable to find exactly the same gui and location it previously handled easily.

I have even tried recording, fully, the same actions (in Vbs) and playing back the recording, but the same issue occurs.

Any assistance with the above issues is greatly appreciated, thanks.

Steve. 

2 Replies

TanyaYatskovska
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)
    Hi Steve,

It looks like TestComplete cannot interact with GUI on your computer. Running tests on a remote computer requires special settings. Please refer to the "Running Tests via Remote Desktop - Overview" article for more information.

Perhaps, TestComplete doesn't have enough time to load all the data. Try increasing the value of the Method invoke timeout project option - set its value to at least 20000 ms.

• Hi Tanya,

Thank you for your replies.

Increasing the method invoke timeout seems to have done the trick. 

With regard to the remote desktop issue; I did read the support article you mentioned after initially finding the issue. I tried the advice offered but to no avail.

The testedapp is correctly invoked, in the case of our software this opens a login dialog and this is as far as it goes when running the scripts remotely.

The desktop is located in Stockholm, Sweden and I work in the UK. so not easy to go and stand in front of it to make changes. When I was over there last month, I did run TestComplete and the concerned scripts without any issue, it's only when I RDP to the desktop that the issue occurs.

Cheers,

Steve.