Ask a Question

Text Property doesn't see the text (Desktop App)

IuliaVascan
Occasional Contributor

Text Property doesn't see the text (Desktop App)

Hello all,

I have a problem using the text property of an object (a log console which display the text, after I run a project in this EE app).

I mapped the console ("Aliases.EE.EEMainWindow.DockHost_Application_Log.Application_Log.AdvLoggingCtrl.app_log") and I looked forward in its properties in order to get the text, but the text is empty even if in the EE app are some lines. I want to know how can I reach the text, and why the text property gives back emptiness and not the lines? 

Also, I would like to mention that I added the app log  in the Properties-> Open Applications-> Text Recognition. 

I attached the properties in the pictures below, also the app log where the text is. Properties1Properties1Properties2Properties2Properties3Properties3App Log_textApp Log_text

4 REPLIES 4
Marsha_R
Community Hero

Re: Text Property doesn't see the text (Desktop App)

See all the lines in the properties that have ... at the end?  You can drill down in those and find other child properties.  You may need to search in there to find your text.

Marsha_R
[Community Hero]
____
[Community Heroes] are not employed by SmartBear Software but
are just volunteers who have some experience with the tools by SmartBear Software
and a desire to help others. Posts made by [Community Heroes]
may differ from the official policies of SmartBear Software and should be treated
as the own private opinion of their authors and under no circumstances as an
official answer from SmartBear Software.
The [Community Hero] signature is used with permission by SmartBear Software.
https://community.smartbear.com/t5/custom/page/page-id/hall-of-fame
IuliaVascan
Occasional Contributor

Thank you for you answer!

I already did that, I go through every property of every child.. but I didn't find anything. And it's very weird that the text properties look like this... empty (I attached e screenshot).  And also, when I count the item of that app log it gives me back the right number of lines.. but I cannot get the lines. 

Marsha_R
Community Hero

Try recording a test where you type something in those fields manually and then see what TC calls the field.

Marsha_R
[Community Hero]
____
[Community Heroes] are not employed by SmartBear Software but
are just volunteers who have some experience with the tools by SmartBear Software
and a desire to help others. Posts made by [Community Heroes]
may differ from the official policies of SmartBear Software and should be treated
as the own private opinion of their authors and under no circumstances as an
official answer from SmartBear Software.
The [Community Hero] signature is used with permission by SmartBear Software.
https://community.smartbear.com/t5/custom/page/page-id/hall-of-fame
IuliaVascan
Occasional Contributor

I can't write in the app log, doesn't have this feature. It has just some options after you right click: as Save, Copy to clipboard... so on. I tried to select some item and record that, and I get back this. And when I am looking for those items all I can find is the number of items... the text is empty.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: