Forum Discussion

ichadwick
New Contributor
10 years ago

Tests are not working after upgrade

I upgraded to version 10.3 and now when I run our tests it launches the browser but does not enter any data on the page (navigate to new url, enter log in information...etc).  Any ideas? 

8 Replies

chrisb
    Regular Contributor
    After testing some more in TC 10.3 I dont think the issue is the upgrade! It's more likely a change in the UI of the application under test. My bad!

TanyaYatskovska
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)
    Hi,

What browsers are you using? Make sure that the needed patches for Chrome and Firefox are installed on your computer. You can find the patches here.

Ravik
    Super Contributor
    Hi Tanya,

Today I have also updated TestComplete 10.30 and try to our my existing testscrpt. but I am also getting same issue.

My script was not running.

I am using IE 10 and Window 7 for the testing.

(Same script is working with TestComplete 9.3)
    TanyaYatskovska
    Hi Ravi,

What exactly doesn't work? If you get an error message, it's worth posting its text here.

chrisb
    Regular Contributor
    Our tests were broken too after upgrading to 10.3. I Am going to submit a support ticket for the issue.Reverting back to 10.2 solved my issue.

I didnt bother troubleshooting further to see if anything else was broken as a core function that many of our tests rely on stopped working which is a showstopper for us and I dont have the time.

Without all the gory details I write my tests using a library of helper functions. I find each object in the web app using a helper function before performing an action on the object. I find the objects using the Find method

Sys.Browser("iexplore").page("*").Find(propertyNames, propertyValue, '20000', 'TRUE');

I wonder if the 'Find' method is the issue?

• The application that we are testing is running tests only for our IE and FF browers.  We need the test to successfully run for IE8 and FF 18.  We have been able to successfully execute our tests on IE9 with the recent 10.3 upgrade.  However, our automated tests simply will not run for any version of FF or for IE8.  One of the previous users suggested that maybe it was his FIND statement.  We researched this more and discovered that our FIND statement is not "finding" the firefox browser on the desktop.    Unfortunately, I have no screen shots or error messages because nothing happens when we attempt to run these tests (ex. no page is launched).

Could someone please provide us with the browsers and the corresponding versions that are supported with the 10.3 upgrade? 
    TanyaYatskovska
    Hi Daphne,

TestComplete 10.30 officially supports IE 7-11, Firefox 24-30 (including the patch for FF 30), Chrome 35, Opera 21 and Safari for Windows 5.1.7.

I would suggest a deeper investigation of what is going wrong on your computer. For this, could you please create a separate thread and describe the issue in detail? If you posted some screenshots demonstrating how TestComplete recognizes the web objects, the expected and the actual TestComplete behavior, we would appreciate it.