Forum Discussion

eykxas
Frequent Contributor
2 years ago
Solved

Testcomplete is slow to performs basics operations.

Hi everyone !   I have an annoying issue with TC since the last update. (15.47.4.7 x64). Basics operations like Click(), obj.Text = "some string" etc... take a long time to execute. About 3 to 4 s...
    2 years ago

Hi,

after some investigations, I finally found the problem and resolved it. It was the NameMapping.
    To optimize the search of objects in our app, we created a custom NameMapping and organized the Aliases in a hierarchical way. So in script, we can do this :

var obj = Aliases.browser.app.containerOne.subContainerTwo;

and use this object as a starting point for the Find and FindAll method. This, indeed, speed up the script wihout increasing the number of searching level. But it has a huge impact on some operations of TC and in the object browser too.

To resolve this, I deleted all the objects in the NameMapping, and replace it with a custom method "getContainer" using a Map() inside. Basically, it do the same thing for our project.

Instead of Aliases, now we have : var obj = getContainer(string); and the method return an object by its xpath.