Forum Discussion

vbarros
Occasional Contributor
12 years ago
Solved

TestComplete with mysql

Hello,

I'm trying to use MySQL with TestComplete. I have already installed mysql-5.1.63-win32.msi and mysql-5.1.63-win32.msi already created the database but when I make the following steps:

1 - Double click the project

2 - I create a new variable of type DB Table

3 - I select as a Default Value, Database table

4 - I fill right Connection, login and password

After selecting the desired table and click on Table View displays the following message

---------------------------

TestComplete

Unable to display the table data. The Following error occurred:

[MySQL] [ODBC 5.1 Driver] [mysqld-5.1.63-community] You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual That Corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '[car]' at line a

OK Help

Can anyone help me with this or even point me to a tutorial to solve this problem?

• Hi Victor,

Sorry for the delayed reply.

It's a known issue with TestComplete 8, and we have a patch that fixes this. To get the patch, please open a support ticket and refer to this thread.

Alternatively, you can upgrade to TestComplete 9 that doesn't have this issue.

1 Reply

HKosova
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)
    Hi Victor,

Sorry for the delayed reply.

It's a known issue with TestComplete 8, and we have a patch that fixes this. To get the patch, please open a support ticket and refer to this thread.

Alternatively, you can upgrade to TestComplete 9 that doesn't have this issue.