Forum Discussion

SS01
Occasional Contributor
3 years ago
Solved

TestComplete training script based

Hi, I am looking for an experienced professional to learn TestComplete web automation using script tests (javascript). There is very limited information available online that can help someone other than Smatbear documentation and a few tutorials with very limited content on script tests. Please advise.

5 Replies

SS01
      Occasional Contributor
      Thanks for the link, I have gone through them but they are not enough to work on project. As I said the information on script tests is not very elaborate.
    Larry_M
    New Contributor

Ashlee,

It isn't entirely clear why the SmartBear provided training does not meet your requirements but here are a couple of thoughts:

- Third party material: https://www.udemy.com/course/mastering-smartbear-testcomplete/  Highly recommended; I enjoyed the instructor. Understand that you will find some duplication in materials between the SmartBear courses and this course.

- Record keyword tests. Convert them to scripts. Study the scripts. Augment with reading the online docs to understand the converted scripts. This is an excellent way to kickstart your script based tests.

Hope this helps,

Larry

SS01
      Occasional Contributor

Thanks Larry, I am sure people with no scripting background learn it that way but for someone who knows some scripting, keyword tests are annoying. I couldn't find any tutorial exactly targeting script based tests for advanced/complex scenarios.