Forum Discussion

krishna_kishore
Occasional Contributor
12 months ago

TestComplete switching between two windows applications using record option

Hi All,

I am currently trying to automate one windows application which has an option to click on popup option and enter values.

when I launch my windows application,

1. firth thing it asks me to open the windows application (I am able to automated this)

2. Click on login button.  (I am able to automated this)

3. then it opens a default window, then we have to enter one reference number and select the document (I am able to automated this)

4. After selecting a document a new popup window will open and there we have to fill some options(Unable to automate the things because of window handling)

Can anyone suggest on this or if anyone options need to be select for window handling ? 

Basically swtiching between two different applications during automation in TestComplete. 

14 Replies

krishna_kishore
    Occasional Contributor

Hi, 

please find the attached screenshot of advanced view settings

krishna_kishore
      Occasional Contributor

Hi, 

please find the attached screenshot of advanced view settings

rraghvani
    Champion Level 3

The window that appears, which I'm assuming it's "5447362 - US Report - 7/12/1991..." are you able to use the Object Spy tool on the UI controls, does it highlight them individually?

krishna_kishore
      Occasional Contributor

No its not highlighting to "5447362 - US Report - 7/12/1991..." its highlighting back window window attached is the screenshot for your reference.

rraghvani
    Champion Level 3

Object Spy tool is this,

If you move the windows, so that they are side by side. Is the Object Spy tool able to identify each of the UI controls?

krishna_kishore
      Occasional Contributor

No its not able to identify each of the UI controls on new popup window ☹️

rraghvani
    Champion Level 3

Using the Object Browser,

Is there any child objects that identifies that particular window?

krishna_kishore
      Occasional Contributor

I am unable to find child object can you have a chance to connect via any platform with me ??

rraghvani
    Champion Level 3

Are you able to liaise with your developers, so see if it's possible to expose the controls of that particular window?

It's worth reading though Desktop Application Testing. Check it's not a window showing a webpage too.

If you post your Object Browser, it might help us to identify the window.

krishna_kishore
      Occasional Contributor

Hi,

Attached is the object browser screenshot i may think it is helpful to you ??

krishna_kishore
      Occasional Contributor

Hi,

This is an desktop application developed by C# language and its completely one application if we click on pop-up button a new window will open with complete details of that applicant.

rraghvani
    Champion Level 3

Can you click on the Advanced View settings, so that we can see all the properties exposed for the application.

rraghvani
    Champion Level 3

Your application doesn't seem to be exposing any controls? For example, this is Notepad++ shown in the Object Browser

It's probably worth reading through Testing .NET Applications to see if there's any setup you might need to do before testing.