Forum Discussion

Daniellovesmith
Contributor
6 years ago

. TestComplete is waiting for a button object after it has been pressed.

I am using Test Complete for Desktop application and I am experiencing an unusual behavior. Test Complete is waiting for a button object after it has been pressed.

can you suggest a solution? Test complete version:12.50.4142.7

8 Replies

Ryu
    Contributor

This has happened to me, as well.  I had to get around it by having TC click on a coordinate location instead of the button, if that makes sense.

Marsha_R
      Champion Level 3

Ryu That is probably a good temporary fix, but coordinates are not good to rely on.  Any time you test on a different machine or anything else changes that might affect those coordinates, your test will break.  I suggest you contact Support for the fix as well.

Ryu
        Contributor

Marsha_R, I can do that, but because of the way TestComplete interacts with the software I test, coordinates are all I have to go on a lot of the time, not just when working around the original issue mentioned in this thread.  I imagine a lot of that has to do with my software (because it's getting up there in age) and not necessarily TC, but because of this I still am not able to run tests on different machine and still have to perform regular test maintenance for various things (like checkpoints suddenly not working for no obvious reason, and then still not working even when I redo them right after I find they are messed up again - this happened to me just this morning).