Forum Discussion

anhvu
Frequent Contributor
9 years ago

TestComplete is Useless for Videos Stream apps such as HULU, VUDU.

All,

I got issue as below. 

I have scripts to view Videos with HULU, the script runs well but when the video is playing, TestComplete doesn't recognize the device and the Mobile Scree is turned to empty (total white)

Steps:

1- Open the Hulu app

2- Go to TV | Popular

3- Select and view a Video

4- Play to view the video

The screen rotation will be automatically changed to Landscape and TestComplete show message "The device is unplugded.

Does someone get the same issue? and how can we see the screen?

Thank you in advance.

4 Replies

TanyaYatskovska
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Hi Anhvu,

As far as I see, you’ve contacted our Support Team to investigate the issue. As Evgeny, our Support engineer you are working with, hasn’t managed to reproduce it, could you please send the requested information to him?

anhvu
      Frequent Contributor

Hi TanyaGorbunova,

I have sent him what he requested.

Thanks.

Kevin_W
    New Contributor

Hi anhvu, 

We see the same the same things happening on iOS. For Android we're not having any difficulties with video streaming apps. 

We suspect this has something to do with a stricter implementation off copyrights on iOS side. But we are indeed interested in the answer aswell since we would like to do some basic video checks on iOS. 

anhvu
      Frequent Contributor

Hi Kevin,

I will let you know if I have the answer.

I have one question about your comment "For Android we're not having any difficulties with video streaming apps. "

Did you work with your own apps or the apps which are in the Play Store?

In my case, I am testing the apps which are in the Play Store, not my own app.