Forum Discussion

ngalchenko
New Contributor
11 years ago
Solved

TestComplete - Can't read .ini file added to the Stores Files Collection, if file is located in folder other then root C:\ folder.

I can't read .ini file added to the Stores Files Collection, if file is located in folder other then root C:\ folder.

Please help.

I am using JScript. Below is more details:

1. I created file C:\MyFolder\config123.ini

; IMPORTANT: The Root section is mandatory

[Root]

[Settings]

URL=http://localhost.com/

ServerName=MyServer

2. I manually added this file to Stores File collection.

3. I have script in JScript:

function Main()

{

var ini, URL,SQLServerName;

ini = Storages.INI("C:\\MyFolder\config123.ini");

URL = ini.GetSubSection("Settings").GetOption("URL", "");

SQLServerName=ini.GetSubSection("Settings").GetOption("ServerName", "");

}

4. I set breakpoint on line SQLServerName=ini.GetSubSection("Settings").GetOption("ServerName", "");

5. When I execute this script .ini object doesn't return my .ini file I and URL="", wich is incorrect.

Interesting enough if I copy .ini file to root folder C:\ , change code ini = Storages.INI("C:\\config123.ini");

I am getting proper URL and ServerName values even if I delete file from Stores File collection.

I think that I follow manuals, why am I not getting expected result? Please help.

Thank you

Natalya

• Hi Natalya, you appear to have missed an escaping "\", between MyFolder and config123 i.e.

ini = Storages.INI("C:\\MyFolder\config123.ini"); should be

ini = Storages.INI("C:\\MyFolder\\config123.ini");

Also, as you have the ini file in the Files Store, I would recommend using the Files::FileNameByName()  method to pass in the path to Storages::INI() method to avoid these issues in future, e.g.

ini = Storages.INI( Files.FileNameByName( "AMITestConfiguration_INI" ) );

where "AMITestConfiguration_INI" is the name in Files of the ini file you wish to process

Regards,

Phil Baird

4 Replies

Philip_Baird
    Community Expert
    Hi Natalya, you appear to have missed an escaping "\", between MyFolder and config123 i.e.

ini = Storages.INI("C:\\MyFolder\config123.ini"); should be

ini = Storages.INI("C:\\MyFolder\\config123.ini");

Also, as you have the ini file in the Files Store, I would recommend using the Files::FileNameByName()  method to pass in the path to Storages::INI() method to avoid these issues in future, e.g.

ini = Storages.INI( Files.FileNameByName( "AMITestConfiguration_INI" ) );

where "AMITestConfiguration_INI" is the name in Files of the ini file you wish to process

Regards,

Phil Baird
    ngalchenko
    New Contributor

Phil, thank you for your quick response! You are absolutely right, "\" is missing.

Thank you for your recommendation too, I really appreciate it!

Natalya

ademin

it seems like Storages.INI will not work if ini file does not have [Root] section

tristaanogre
        Esteemed Contributor

You are correct.  Storages.INI requires the INI file to have a particular format, namely that there is a [Root] section.