Forum Discussion

tisaser
New Contributor
14 years ago

TestComplete 8.2 hangs on startup on Windows 7 x64

I start TestComplete 8.2 and after splash window become visible Error window is displayed with the message "AutomatedQA X64 HOOK installer has stopped working". Mouse cursor freezes also.

If I start TestComlete immediately after logon to Windows it started without errors.

OS is Windows 7 x64.  .NET 4 installed.

I tried to do recomendations in this theme  it did not help. 

Have You any ideas to resolve this error?

7 Replies

• Hi,

To help us investigate the problem, follow the steps below:

1. Download AQtime Standard.

2. Install it.

3. Start AQtime with the -NotOpenApp command-line argument. For example, you can use the following command line:

"c:\Program Files\Automated QA\AQtime 7\Bin\AQtime.exe" -NotOpenApp

4. Select the 'File | New Project From Module...' main menu item.

5. In the Open File dialog, select the TestComplete.exe file and click Open.

6. Take a look at the AQtime toolbar - there is a combo box. Open it and select the "Tracing | Exception Trace Profiler" item.

7. Select the "Options | Options..." main menu command - the Options dialog will appear.

8. Set the "Profiling Time | Event View | General | Exceptions | Depth shown" setting to 100 and click OK.

9. Click the Run toolbar button (the green arrow) or press F5 to start the profiling.

10. AQtime will start TestComplete and trace all exceptions that will occur in the application until it is closed.

11. When TestComplete crashes, right-click somewhere within the Event View panel (it is opened by default at the bottom of AQtime's window) and select the 'Save All...' item.

12. Save the panel's contents to an HTML file and send it to us.
  • Hi,

We've received the files. Let's continue working via e-mail.
  • Hi,

I faced the same problem on TestComplete 8.6.

"AutomatedQA x64 Hook installer has stopped working" error appeared. After closing this error message TestComplete started but couldn't recognize .NET application that I was going to test with TestComplete.

Environment: Windows 7 x64.  .NET 4 installed.

Could you share the solution for this issue?

Anonymous
    Hi Tatiana,

We cannot share the solution as Sergey didn't reply to us. Could you please follow the steps Jared specified in his reply and contact us via our Contact Support form?
  • I am facing similar kind of issue . When i start the AQTime on Windows Server 2012 ( 64 bit version) it is not respodning. I waited for long but no luck. I am using AQtime 6.

I have also noticed that when start AQTIme started profiling in relase mode our application is crashing but if we run it from command it goes fine

I have another Question is AQtime only work on Debug mode version of the product.

Allocation profile on Release version of our product does not show any leaks where as Debug mode shows.

Please let me know if anyone have any answere ?
    TanyaYatskovska
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)
    Hi Ramakanta,

I suggest that you go through the AQtime Troubleshooter to try to resolve the issue. Even if the troubleshooter doesn't solve the issue, it collects the information needed to our Support team to investigate it.