Forum Discussion

amathews
Occasional Contributor
6 years ago

TestComplete 12.6 or 14.1 Windows 10 IE11 unable to see Page object in Object Browser

For our newest testers starting out on Windows 10 laptops with IE11, we are finding that their TestComplete version 12.6 Object Browser/Object Spy is unable to view the Page object like our Windows 7 laptops can for IE11.

Things we've already tried:

1) All the steps here:

https://support.smartbear.com/testcomplete/docs/app-testing/web/general/preparing-browsers/internet-explorer.html#_ga=2.137402992.1317867577.1553692844-1818583627.1485982046

2) setting the TabProcGrowth regedit to 0

3) Upgrading to TestComplete 14.1

...what can we do now?  I feel like we have LITERALLY run through every option :(

5 Replies

tristaanogre
    Esteemed Contributor

Can you post a screenshot of what their object browser looks like?  Do you see IE showing up as a Browser as I have in mine? (Windows 10, IE 11, TC 14).

If not, then go to File | Install Extensions and make sure that the "Web" object is checked.

If the Web object IS checked and you still don't see it, double check your licensing and make sure that those workstations are actually licenses for Web applications.

asundar
        New Contributor

We also verified the installed extensions and all the check boxes are checked for Web.