Forum Discussion

Colin_McCrae
Community Hero
9 years ago
Solved

TestComplete 11.1 - performance now OK?

I've been holiding off updating to TC11 due to the performance problems people were reporting after it's initial release. Chrome seemed to be at the root of a lot of the issues and I have to use Chrome a lot. (Unfortunately)

There have been patches and now an 11.1 release.

Can anyone confirm that all the performance issues are now resolved? (I'd rather have "real world use" confirmation)

Chrome's constant ability to update itself, seemingly no matter what I do, is becoming annoying enough now that I'd rather move to v45 and TC11.1. But if the performance is not up to scratch, I can't. My main regression pack which I run overnight on a large web project currently takes 6-7 hours to run. (It's a BIG test pack)

If I lose performance, especially at the rate some people were reporting, the overnight run won't complete in time.

Anyone care to offer their experiences?

jsc
    9 years ago

our second testsuite is delphi and .net as well. (~12-14 hours)

no problems seen here.

10 Replies

jsc
    Regular Contributor

I got a similar regression test suite.

We split the test into 4 parts, each part runs on a different virtual machine. Each test runs for at least 2.25 hours (at most 2.75), so the total duration is comparable to yours.

The Software is completely in Chrome and we update Chrome automatically as soon as an update is available (each morning the VM checks for updates)

We use TestExecute to run the tests.

With TestExecute 11.11 the test runs fine without problems.

There is still a problem, that TestComplete uses a huge amount of RAM (I've seen up to 1.4 GB RAM used) and some actions seem to take longer (e.g. switching to an attached log). I created a support case for this and was sent a patch, that I will check today.

But executing the tests is fine.

Colin_McCrae
      Community Hero

Thats good to hear.

RAM isn't an issue. My PC has 16gb on board and I can ship more of it to the VM I run TestComplete in if need be.

As long as it's not crazy slow with Chrome, it should be OK.

If anyone else wants to chip in, feel free.

My other main test packs run on .NET and Delphi apps. Haven't seen so much in the way of problems with those mentioned.

jsc
        Regular Contributor

our second testsuite is delphi and .net as well. (~12-14 hours)

no problems seen here.

mfoster711
    Regular Contributor

I am still having significant performance issues with TC11.11 when using Findchild. I am working with support but they have not given me a solution. In the simple example I gave them, a script that took less than a second to complete on TC10 now takes over 2 minutes to complete in TC 11.11. This also occurs when using TestExecute. I am using the latest version of each browser (IE 11, FF 41, Chrome 45) and get the same results in all. 

NisHera
      Valued Contributor

me too having problems with 11.11 

Just updated since this thred says performance were OK in 11.11

still Object broswer freezes for around one minute when open up

I'm testing Delphi desck top application.

anhvu
        Frequent Contributor

I got issue with Object Spy for version 11.11.

It's slow and sometimes it didn't recognize the object of android app. I am testing mobile apps. I have to remove the apk and instrument again then it recognize. But later, when I run the script, the issue is occured again.