Test case creation in remote server
I have question about test case creation using a remote server.
We are using a server with TestComplete installed on it, in order to run the tests via TFS.
TFS got a user account in this server, which it uses to connect to this server, and afterwards run the tests. I also have my own user account for this server.
What I have noticed is that if I log in with my credentials into this remote server, open TestComplete and create test cases, I am able to run all of them and they get pass. But if I trigger TFS to run these tests, some of them fail due to object recognition issues.
If I use TFS user credentials and login into the server, I can correct the test cases which had object recognition issues, and then, they all pass when running from TFS. But now if I login with my own credentials and run the same test cases the ones that worked fine under TFS user account now fail under my account.
I have checked resolution, zoom and other display settings and they are identical between my user account and TFS user account.
What I can do is that I use TFS user account in order to log in and create test cases, but that is not they way we want it.
I want to know if other user have had similar issues, and what you did to solve this.
Solved! Go to Solution.
What are the error messages you are getting in terms of object recognition issues when the tests run via TFS server account and your user account?
What are the differences in the name mapping properties for the objects in question between the two user credentials?
can you show us the name mapping properties for the object called formAspnetform? (the one highlighted red within your first screenshot)
better yet, can you show us the details tab of that first screenshot within the intelligent fix button the table that shows the discrepancies between the stored value of the object properties for formaspnetform and the ones it detected during runtime
so the identification properties for the object formaspnetform doesnt seem to change based on user credentials used to access your application, but within capture2.jpg we are now seeing that the page level object's url is changing based on user credential used to log in. so id take a look at the resource path, find the common denominator, and use a wildcard * to mask out the differences that come in the url based on user credentials
Yes, the wildcard * solved the problem. Strange that the url is changing depending on what user is logged in.
Anyway thanks for your help.