Forum Discussion

jbcmt
Occasional Contributor
12 years ago

TC9 is slow recording Java App

I've noticed that TC9 is slower interacting with my Eclipse RCP app than TC8.7.  It takes longer to start the recording, and longer to stop.  At times, the recording control is just blank, so it's difficult to tell TC to stop.  TC now even records the interaction with the recording control, so I end up having to delete those objects from the namemapping and recording.

I also noticed that when you the Namemapping file changes and you do a SaveAll, TC9 recreates the namemapping file each time.  I have a file which is about 2.6 MB, and it takes 4 to 5 minutes to recreate it each time.  I don't have any timings from TC8, but it was much quicker than that.

Any ideas?

JBC

1 Reply

Julia_K
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Hello Jeremy,

I've noticed that TC9 is slower interacting with my Eclipse RCP app than TC8.7.  It takes longer to start the recording, and longer to stop.

Could you please send us your application under test (or a sample application that demonstrates the problem)? This would help us investigate the issue.

TC now even records the interaction with the recording control

Do you mean that TestComplete records your interactions with the Recording toolbar? If so, please help us investigate this behavior by following the steps below:

1. Enable Test Visualizer in your project. To enable Visualizer, right-click your project in the Project Explorer, select Edit | Properties from the context menu, then select the Visualizer option group on the Properties page and enable the Use Test Visualizer during recording option.

2. Start the test recording and reproduce the problem.

3. Send us the entire project with the test containing the recorded actions over the Recording toolbar and the Visualizer images demonstrating your actions during the recording.

Thanks in advance.

I also noticed that when you the Namemapping file changes and you do a SaveAll, TC9 recreates the namemapping file each time.  I have a file which is about 2.6 MB, and it takes 4 to 5 minutes to recreate it each time.

It looks like you are having a known problem. We have created a fix for that problem. Please contact our Support Team to get the fix.

Thank you.