Forum Discussion

earriaga
Occasional Contributor
12 years ago

TC9 Deleting Text Files

I know this is fairly easy and just switch to TC9 from TC7. I have a batch file that its purpose is to create a text file & write something like "PASS". Now my code gets this file and the first thing it does is deletes the file using the "aqFileSystem["DeleteFile"](AFileName)" no problem. Now my batch file is only executable if it senses a LED ON (using a camera as a sensor) and I then use this function to read what is inside the text file: 

function ReturnFileLine(Location){

var TextFile,Content;

ReturnFileLine(Location){ TextFile,Content;

TextFile = aqFile["OpenTextFile"](Location, aqFile["faRead"], aqFile["ctANSI"]);

TextFile.Cursor = 0;

while(! TextFile["IsEndOfFile"]()){

Content=TextFile["ReadLine"]();

Log["Message"](Content);}

while(TextFile["Exists"])                      

TextFile["Close"]();

return
Content;

}

At the end of the script I would like to delete this text file and start the function all over again (the script is inside a for loop), but I get this message that does not allow me to delete this file:

"The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process.

Path: C:\AFileName.txt"

I have tried renaming the file and moving it, but still get the same message as above. Is there a way that I can stop this process so I can delete this file or other ways that I can go around this issue, such as a force delete of some kind. Also, this may seem like a stupid question,but how do I find out what the process is that it is talking about?

Thanks!

PS: sorry for the bad english

1 Reply

aqAnt
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Hi ed,

It looks like the following code works unexpectedly:

while(TextFile["Exists"])                     

TextFile["Close"]();

because the aqTextFile object does not support the Exists property.

Anyway, to determine which process locks a file, please follow the steps below:

• run the Process Explorer utility;

• click the Find Handle or DLL (Ctrl+F) toolbar button;

• search for the file you needed.