Forum Discussion

YuriSdev
New Contributor
4 years ago
Solved

TC doesnt map object names automatically

Hello,  I am facing a problem. New objects are not added to the Name Mapping. Now I see the 'Window("some_class", "some_name")' instead of the way it was before. What am I doing wrong ?   1. An ...
    4 years ago

YuriSdevjaward916,

Thanks for reporting the issue. We would like to investigate it, so could you please contact our support team by creating a case here? We'll need the following information:

• The project where the issue occurs. Also, please check if the same problem occurs in a newly created project.
    • The technology your tested application uses. Please also check whether the issue persists for every application or only for the one under test.
    • If you can record a short video demonstrating the issue, that will help a lot as well. You can use free tools like Loom or Jing for that.
    • Finally, we'll need a report - this way, our developers will be able to find out what's going on inside TestComplete when you observe the issue. Here are the steps to collect the report:
      1. Run Report Generator (<TestComplete>\x64\Bin\ReportGenerator.exe for the 64-bit TC version or <TestComplete>\Bin\ReportGenerator.exe for the 32-bit TC version.
      2. Choose an option that corresponds to your tested application type (I assume "When testing a desktop app") and follow the on-screen instructions.
      3. Reproduce the problem.
      4. Click the "Create memory dump" button.
      5. Click the "Save..." button - this will save the report into an archive. Send this archive to us.

If you need any help with collecting the mentioned info, just create a case - we'll assist you with that!