Forum Discussion

jonathon
Contributor
5 years ago
Solved

Stop automatically recording automatically

Hi

I initially indicated to TestComplete that I wanted it to start recording straightaway. I'm since regretting that decision. But I'm unsure how to change this option so I can just start recording when I need to?

Thanks

Jonathon

• Hi Jonathon

Do You want to delay "start recording action" when You click "Record new test" button?

What You can do (if I understand you well) is:

1) Open Tools -> Options -> Engines -> Recording -> Automaticly add applications to the Tested Applications list -> disable this option

2) Open Tools -> Current Project Properties -> General -> Record user actions over tested applications only -> enable it

With this two options TC will only generate script when You are on specific application (the one you have in Tested App).

Hope this help You.

1 Reply

Wamboo
    Community Hero

Hi Jonathon

Do You want to delay "start recording action" when You click "Record new test" button?

What You can do (if I understand you well) is:

1) Open Tools -> Options -> Engines -> Recording -> Automaticly add applications to the Tested Applications list -> disable this option

2) Open Tools -> Current Project Properties -> General -> Record user actions over tested applications only -> enable it

With this two options TC will only generate script when You are on specific application (the one you have in Tested App).

Hope this help You.