Ask a Question

SmartBear AQtrace has stopped working

Senior Member

SmartBear AQtrace has stopped working

I am new to TestComplete and TestExecute. I took this over from someone who is no longer with my company. I have TestComplete installed on my local machine and TestExecute installed on a remote server. The automated tests are kicked off via a Jenkins pipeline that runs them via TextExecute on the remote server. All of this is working fine. The issue is that about halfway through the tests, I get this error popup and the test suite fails: 


How can I find out what is causing this? Where do I begin to look? Thanks in advance for the help.

Community Hero



To my knowledge, AQtrace is a product by AutomatedQA (a company name before it became SmartBear) that ended its life back in 2008 or 2009 and it should not be related to modern versions of TestComplete and TestExecute.

You may consult your local guys if they know what for AQtrace is running on this given machine. If nobody knows, you may try to disable all AQtrace-related services (using services.msc applet) and check if it creates any problem to anyone.


Or talk to your developers whether they still compile your tested application with AQtrace modules. If they do, create a Support ticket via the form as QAtrace well may be incompatible with modern versions of TestComplete/TestExecute and/or operating systems.


  /Alex [Community Hero]
[Community Heroes] are not employed by SmartBear Software but
are just volunteers who have some experience with the tools by SmartBear Software
and a desire to help others. Posts made by [Community Heroes]
may differ from the official policies of SmartBear Software and should be treated
as the own private opinion of their authors and under no circumstances as an
official answer from SmartBear Software.
The [Community Hero] signature is used with permission by SmartBear Software.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: