Forum Discussion

dhy
New Contributor
9 years ago
Solved

Silverlight Name Mapping recognition changes

Hello All,

I am using TC 11.20.1491.7

I am having an issue where objects in a Silverlight Web Application are showing different name mappings. I can confirm that nothing with the application has changed since the test was recorded. Below I will show how the object recroded yesterday and how it is being record today

Yesterday: Aliases["browser"]["pageMq1Elements244"]["formSilverlightcontrolhost"]["objectSilverlightcontrol"]["ExpandCollapseButton"]

Today: Aliases["browser"]["Page"]("http://betaelements.qad.com/daily24/")["Panel"]("sl")["Form"]("silverlightControlHost")["Object"]("silverlightControl")["SlObject"]("MainPage", "")["SlObject"]("LeftSidebarView")["SlObject"]("ExpandCollapseButton")["SlObject"]("IconNormal")

These are the mapped names for the same control in the application. I am at a loss as to why they look so different.

• Thankfully, between myself and a co-worker, we were able to solve this. There is an option in Current Project Settings>Open Applications>Silverlight>Extended Silverlight object tree

Somehow this got turned on which caused objects to be named different when viewing in object browser

1 Reply

dhy
    New Contributor

Thankfully, between myself and a co-worker, we were able to solve this. There is an option in Current Project Settings>Open Applications>Silverlight>Extended Silverlight object tree

Somehow this got turned on which caused objects to be named different when viewing in object browser