Forum Discussion

stampy986
Occasional Contributor
5 years ago
Solved

Should Test Execute honor on error properties?

Hi all, I have some tests failing with TE that are not failing when I run TC.

Scenario: I have an application that is only part of the main overall build. When I launch it standalone, it throws a crash in the background that’s expected because it’s looking for another part of the build that is not there. User doesn’t see the crash.

Now when I set up my environment in TC, I said continue running on error, and set up that step to not log the error. The whole suite of tests pass. When I move it to TE to run, it fails immediately when it sees the background crash and I cannot run my test.  Is there something I am missing and can I get test execute to ignore the crash? 

8 Replies

tristaanogre
    Esteemed Contributor

Technically speaking, those settings are stored in the project.  I believe in the MDS file.  If that file has not been copied to the new machine properly, that would cause this difference in behavior. 

stampy986
      Occasional Contributor

Unfortunately it the same machine, I am just kicking off test execute to run it.

tristaanogre
        Esteemed Contributor

Double check something.  In your test items, right click and select "Field Chooser".  Then drag in the field for "On exception" and see what the setting for that is.