Forum Discussion

douglasv
Occasional Contributor
4 years ago
Solved

Share NameMapping, scripts unit working with team

Hello, I was thinking about how best to reuse NameMapping and script with other projects, so that a change in one project reflects on another project. File jpg is attachment.

So, only map objects at General Projects.
Merge each NameMapping project at NameMapping from General Projects.

Share generic scripts with others projects(I know it's possible, Script > Add > Existing Item).

About control version at Team Foundation Version Control:
If we are working with teams, is this the better way to share same objects in NameMapping and functions already created ? Is better way to reuse ?

I didn't find something like that.

• Hi,

This is probably the best way.

One thing to know and remember: all files that are part of TestComplete project (except script units to certain extent) are not mergeable and must be marked as binaries in source control system.

• Hi,

did you see shareNameMappingScripts.jpg ?

Yes, I saw it.

Not sure if I got the question, but nevertheless:

-- Script code from other project(s) can be reused by utilizing the 'Add Existing' functionality;

-- Only one NameMapping/Aliases file can exist in the project, thus you will have to physically merge NameMapping files from other project(s) into the project where you'd like to use 'combined' NameMapping.

10 Replies

AlexKaras
    Champion Level 3

Hi,

This is probably the best way.

One thing to know and remember: all files that are part of TestComplete project (except script units to certain extent) are not mergeable and must be marked as binaries in source control system.

douglasv
      Occasional Contributor

Hi AlexKaras, did you see shareNameMappingScripts.jpg ? 

I am trying avoid large project, its take time to "upload" to TFS, however i'd like
      reuse objects already mapped at my NameMapping and all functions already created in other Projects.

AlexKaras
        Champion Level 3

Hi,

did you see shareNameMappingScripts.jpg ?

Yes, I saw it.

Not sure if I got the question, but nevertheless:

-- Script code from other project(s) can be reused by utilizing the 'Add Existing' functionality;

-- Only one NameMapping/Aliases file can exist in the project, thus you will have to physically merge NameMapping files from other project(s) into the project where you'd like to use 'combined' NameMapping.