Forum Discussion

dhirendranaga
Occasional Contributor
9 years ago

Same lines of code is working for an application in one machine and not working on other machine.

Have two machines with Win7 enterprise version and same version of inhouse desktop application built on WPF and Python.

Using .Net Framework version as 4.5.51209, as checked in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\NET Framework Setup\NDP\v4\Full

Using Testcomplete v11.0644, have a scnerio to select and right-click an item from a ListBox WPFObject. But ClickItemR(x) is working in one machine and not on other. Below is the error displayed.

Possible reasons:
1. The application stopped responding.
2. The application was compiled incorrectly (see the Open Applications topic in the help system).
3. An error occurred in TestComplete.

Technical information:
442 0x80070057 (The parameter is incorrect.)
tcClrHookHelpers11 0
System.InvalidCastException: Unable to cast COM object of type 'System.__ComObject' to class type 'System.Reflection.MemberInfo'. Instances of types that represent COM components cannot be cast to types that do not represent COM components; however they can be cast to interfaces as long as the underlying COM component supports QueryInterface calls for the IID of the interface.
   at SmartBear.TestComplete11.Hook.MarshalHelper.CastIUnknownToMemberInfo(Object obj).

Tested object:
Sys.Process("qzwin", 2).WPFObject("HwndSource: QzFrame0").WPFObject("QzFrame0").WPFObject("Grid", "", 1).WPFObject("QzVL6").WPFObject("QzBorder4").WPFObject("QzHL2").WPFObject("QzBorder3").WPFObject("QzVL5").WPFObject("QzVL4").WPFObject("QzSplitter1").WPFObject("QzVL3").WPFObject("QzSplitter0").WPFObject("QzVL1").WPFObject("QzListBox0")

Any suggestions please.

4 Replies

TanyaYatskovska
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Hi Dhirendranaga,

Do you use the same TestComplete version on both machines?

Does the project the same? Check the project settings in the projects on different computers.

dhirendranaga
      Occasional Contributor

Yes, the TestComplete version, .Net version and Project settings and all related varibales are same.

sspencer
    New Contributor

I have a similar issue with a similar error.  However, I am only experiencing this problem in Chrome 49.0 with TC 11.30.  I have scripted several tests in Chrome, so overall it is working fine with TC 11.30.  In this scenario, there are 3 radio buttons displayed on the page.  With the exception of the first radio button, which displays a subordinate page with 5 radio buttons, it works.  However, when the first radio button is selected, the script fails after selecting it with a similar "application stopped responding" error as follows (please see additional comments below error message):

Possible reasons:
    1. The application stopped responding.
    2. The application was compiled incorrectly (see the Open Applications topic in the help system).
    3. An error occurred in TestComplete/TestExecute.

Technical information:
    241 0x80010108 (The object invoked has disconnected from its clients.) .

Tested object:
    Aliases.browser.pageProfiles.formForm1.radiobuttonElectronicPaymentProv
    (Sys.Browser("chrome").Page("URL").Form("form1").Panel(2).Panel(1).Panel("body_wrapper").Panel(0).Panel("Div1").Panel("ContentPlaceHolder2_tag").Table("ContentPlaceHolder2_tag").Cell(0, 0).RadioButton("ContentPlaceHolder2_tag_0"))

I have rerun the exact test in FF & IE and both run successfully.  I also decided to code a keyword test in Chrome to see is that also failed and it did, with the same error. :(