Forum Discussion

6 Replies

Spenser
      New Contributor

Brilliant - thank you very much.

I can confirm that TestComplete seems to work just fine with the svn.exe supplied with Tortoise.

It does NOT need the one specified in Help Page.  Indeed, Tortoise is ALL you need and T/C will find the path all by itself.

The reason that I didn't have the utility on my PC is that the command line tools are disabled (by default) in the Tortoise Installer - so if (like me) you have been using Tortoise for years and don't have svn.exe - just re-run the Tortoise installer selecting the option.

Fixed - many thanks

rraghvani
    Champion Level 3

There's many Subversion applications. If you don't use SVN, do some research, and find one that is suitable for your needs.

Spenser
      New Contributor

Hi,

Thanks for your reply..

I normally access SVN via tortoise - no problems.

Attempting to configure TestComplete following the instructions... link in OP

To work with the Subversion source control system from TestComplete, the following software must be installed on your computer:

• CollabNet Subversion 1.8.x for Windows - TestComplete uses the SVN command-line utility (svn.exe) to work with the Subversion source control system.

You can download the utility from here:

www.collab.net/downloads/svn-other

The link does not lead to a downloadable command line utility (guessing it once did).

I'm also assuming that the TestComplete integration require that particular svn.exe?

So ... Where can I obtain svn.exe? (something TestComplete can use)

Many Thanks

Spenser

Spenser
    New Contributor

Hi,

Tortoise is indeed installed and working.  I think it is recommended because it (tortoise GUI) provides the additional features we've all come to know and love (indeed, rely on) for comparing builds etc.

It appears that in addition to tortoise TestComplete also needs the command line utility svn.exe - to provide the integration with T/C menus.  This utility is not part of tortoise and the (TestComplete) setup won't complete without it.  The link posted on the Smartbear page now takes you elsewhere, as do Google searches for the same thing.  I believe all I need is a single .EXE (but the RIGHT one).

Kind Regards,

Spenser