Forum Discussion

anelson
New Contributor
14 years ago

Remote test fails if I try to specify the test to run

No matter what I put into the Test column, I end up with an error that looks like this:

Task1: Cannot load the remote project. [Test Distributed\KeywordTests\Keyword-Test not found]

The help is not necessarily clear about what format my test path should be in.  If I leave it blank, the distributed test works fine as it runs the test item I've set up.  If I try to click the ellipse in the Test column, TC errors out.  If I try to specifically write the test name as outlined in the help, it fails verification with the above error.

I have so far put ProjectName\KeywordTests\[Test Item Name from the Project] and ProjectName\KeywordTests\[Test Name in the Keyword Test] and neither have worked.  I've also tried a few dozen combinations of pointing to the suite, the project and then adding/removing that from the Test column.  Nothing has worked for me.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  If additional information is needed, let me know.

TC/TE 7.52.678.7

Windows XP SP3 - host and slave, non-admin accounts

TestComplete on the host

TestExecute on the slave

3 Replies

• Hi Andre,

Task1: Cannot load the remote project. [Test Distributed\KeywordTests\Keyword-Test not found]

There's an error in Help. To specify a keyword test, use the following value:

Distributed\KeywordTests\Keyword-Test\Keyword-Test

If I try to click the ellipse in the Test column, TC errors out.

Please post a screenshot of the error you get.

anelson
    New Contributor
    This actually seems to be resolved in TC8.  Although, I now have a problem assigning different tests to my slave PCs (running TE).  I have 1 project that used by the master and the slave PCs.  At one point, I did not have any project test items set up and I had my Jobs setup with tests specified for each slave.  This was working great.  I then wanted to make it so I could click "Run Suite" and my distributed test would run X number of times, so I setup a project test item to do so.  From this point forward, my distributed tests stopped working.

After doing the above, whenever I tried to run my distributed tests, they would ignore what I had put under Test for my Job and would run the project test items.  I tried to remove the Test Items and that just led to nothing running.  This didn't make any sense to me as this was working before I added the test item and now I can't go back.  Is there something obvious that I've missed?  In addition, sometimes, I get an error when I try to load the test in the Job area.  It is intermittent and I haven't received it recently so there is no screenshot attached.

• Hi Andre,

I then wanted to make it so I could click "Run Suite" and my distributed test would run X number of times, so I setup a project test item to do so.

After doing the above, whenever I tried to run my distributed tests, they would ignore what I had put under Test for my Job and would run the project test items.

This is expected - you set up test items incorrectly. According to the "TC8_ProjectTestItems.PNG" image, they are just ordinary keyword tests. You need to set a task, or a job, or a whole network suite as a test item. Follow the steps below:

1. Open the Test Items page of the project.

2. Delete these test items.

3. Add a new test item and assign the needed task or job (or the whole network suite) to it. For more information, see the 'Running Network Suite, Jobs and Tasks as Test Items' section of Running the Network Suite, Jobs and Tasks.