Forum Discussion

CraigB
Contributor
5 years ago

Refresh files

Hi

I can't find the command to refresh files.  How do I force TestComplete to refresh all files so that changes are reflected in the script files it's using to run tests if I change something while a test is running?  I can hack around the problem by making and undoing a change and saving the file (or, equivalently, executing touch to change the file timestamp).  But obviously there's a way to force a refresh without having to do that sort of hack.  I just can't find it and nothing like that comes up in a search.  Does anyone know where that command is?

Thanks

Craig

20 Replies

cunderw
    Community Hero

Simple answer you can't, TC doesn't even let you change your files while a test is running. What is the use case for this? If you're changing your scripts as a test is running that kind of defeates the purpose of automation.

CraigB
      Contributor

The use case is that when an error comes up during a test I don't necessarily wait until the test run completes to start fixing the script that led to the problem.  But if I save the changes before the test run completes I then have to make an additional, unnecessary change to get TestComplete to  refresh the changed files.

LinoTadros
        Community Hero

You need to look at implementing events in TestComplete.

Especially, OnLogError event

Cheers

Lino