Forum Discussion

veerasureshk
Occasional Contributor
3 years ago
Solved

Python with PyTest framework in test complete

Hi, I am new to test complete and need to work on Python scripting. may I know, is it possible to implement PyTest framework with Python in Test Complete? and please provide me information about this as I should work on this.

Thanks.

4 Replies

veerasureshk
      Occasional Contributor

Sure, Thanks for your information. May I know, is it possible to implement Page Object Model in PyUnit framework with python? or without PyUnit , is it possible to implement only Page Object Model with Python? or please suggest me with any other solution is there similar to POM model to implement in Test Complete.

Thanks.

mattb
        Staff

Hi,

TestComplete when interacting with web based applications will automatically create a Page Object Model Selenium like framework. It uses multiple CSS and Xpath selectors across this page object model. When you either record and replay or script (There are 7 available scripting languages, Python is one) against an object for the first time, it will add that object to the object repository in a POM. 

The PyUnit Test would have to be existing Se or Unit tests, so it would depend if you created them with that structure in mind.