Forum Discussion

simhadrx
New Contributor
2 years ago

Python Arrays

In TestComplete, I am using JavaClasses to access some of the java methods from a generic library for our tests. Parameters for one of the java method is to pass a string array. May I know how could I declare a string array in python? I see we can achieve it by numPy but may I know the process of how to install numpy, and the version that supports python smartbear.Please find the code below:
a = ["one', "two", "three", "four"]
Log.Message(str(a))
When I pass this Str(a) to the JavaClasses as a string array, It is throwing an error "COMException: Type mismatch"

Is there any other way to declare a string array in python test complete version 14.90 and pass it to java classes?

6 Replies

MarkHays
    Occasional Contributor

Not sure if this is causing any of the issues or not, but the string you provided

contains a single quote after one instead of a double quote.

• I use similar cases but for .NET methods. First of all Python str(["one", "two", "three"]) returns a string but not string array. Unfortunately TestComplete does not support installing and using 3rd party packages and that is their bad. The only solution I found to make sure such the cases will be working is to create own adapter between Python in TestComplete and generic/custom libraries so your pass simple string to the adapter and it convert it to whatever you need and pass to generic/library. 

You can post what numPy produces for your case (or code that produce it) and maybe it is feasible in TestComplete  

simhadrx
    New Contributor

Thank you all for the response.

Could you please suggest a way to convert a list into python array so when we pass the variable to the java classes the variable is considered as a string array.

I imported numpy libraries in the site packages folder of test complete and added the below code.

Our Code:

sys.path.insert(0, "C:\\Program Files (x86)\\SmartBear\\TestComplete 14\\x64\\Bin\\Extensions\\Python\\Python38\\Lib\\site-packages")
    import numpy as np

arr = np.array(a)
    Log.Message(arr)

Log.Message(arr) is not printing anything in the logs and also when I pass it to the java classes it is throwing an error below which is pointing to the line import numpy.

Error Msg: 

Access violation at address 00007FFC0C763CF9 in module '_multiarray_umath.cp38-win_amd64.pyd'. 

Bonibom
      Contributor

Try 

np.array2string

to get output in Log.Message

rraghvani
    Champion Level 3

I suggest doing an internet search for this, as there could be additional modules you might have to import such as jep and java.lang to convert a Python list into Java string array