Forum Discussion

CGilbert
Contributor
4 years ago

Property Checkpoint Text Color using Keyword Test.

So I have done this in the past but I lost my notes and I'm not able to remember how I did it. In our software, we have color codes for our version depending on if the software has been pirated, Release Client, or Beta versions. I'm trying to set my test up to only pass Black text in a certain field within the property checkpoint, which I was able to before but I'm lost in how I got that result. If anyone can point me in the right direction that would be awesome. 

Thank you. 

8 Replies

• Could you elaborate just a bit further on what you mean by "I'm trying to set my test up to only pass Black text in a certain field within the property checkpoint"

do you mean set a validation against a certain text that has black color?

I'm not quite sure if i follow what the desired outcome is.

CGilbert
      Contributor

So while my test is running I want it to only allow the text in this field to be Black. I was able to do it once before but I can't remember how. 

hkim5
        Staff

so while recording or after the fact, you would use a property checkpoint at that time, and verify a property that contains the color value of the text within that object.

D0UG
    Community Manager

CGilbert were you able to figure it out? Please share how you resolve the issue.

CGilbert
      Contributor

Unfortunately, I got pulled away for another project while my dev team fixes a bug that this test was for. But I hope to get back to it soon.