Forum Discussion

MichaelMcFarlan
Contributor
14 years ago

Project not running (sometimes)

I have a project that will run completely fine if I specifically start it by running the Main routine. (In my project, right click the "Main" script file and click "Run >> Run Main [Routine]". However, if I try running the project by right clicking the entire project item and clicking "Run <script name> [Project]" it will crash before executing any code at all (at least my code). The error I says it's name is "Element to be run".. here's the log entry:

Type Message Priority Time

-737863889 The element to be run specified in the 'Adventist Hospital' test item was not found. Normal 5/17/2009 3:27:45 AM

I'm using TestComplete 8. If I could figure out where to edit what element it runs I could probably fix this. Any ideas? Let me know if you need any other information.

1 Reply

• lol, I think all I need to do is post a problem and that seems to always allow me find the solution five minutes later. I saw that under the Test Items for the project one of them was set to n/a when it should have been set to run the main. Everything is running fine now.