Forum Discussion

CGilbert
Contributor
4 years ago
Solved

Program name adding a 2 behind it after an reinstall.

So I have had a long week of reinstalling everything and was able to get Test Complete back up and running. I have over 30 tests created. I just went in to run a proven test to verify my reinstall was worth it and now my tests are stopping with "The Object does not exist" not found but in looking into this my program now reads 

Aliases.programname2.dlgEdgeprogram.btn4 instead of Aliases.programname.dlgEdgeprogram.btn4 as it did before, I know running my test on our Test Execute system doesn't do this but will this create an issue when two of us are writing test on two separate systems? It's the same program as before in fact on the same system just with a fresh install. Can I wild card it or something or will I have to rerun all the tests step by step to repoint the steps? I am using keyword tests with the visualizer and soon I will most likely switch to scripting as I learn more. 

• Going to close this as I put in a ticket and will be sending in my project file. That should help and educate me on what might be set up wrong. 

Thank you all for the help, this community has not let me down yet. 

8 Replies

AlexKaras
    Champion Level 3

Hi,

Compare in the NameMapping editor what differs programname from programname2 and adjust settings for programname so that it matches the object that now is identified as programname2.
    And delete programname2 sub-tree from NameMapping after that.

CGilbert
      Contributor
      • In the mapped objects it's showing under Sys2, all of my original testing Objects are under Sys. If I continue to run the test and point out the Objects that it claims it cannot find I just add more objects under Sys2. 
        CGilbert
        Contributor

I guess I'm confused and somewhat concerned that why it would call out a different name when its the same program being used. It's even being run on the same system its just been reimaged. I looked at what you had put in there but wasn't able to see a difference in them enough to understand what I needed to fix.