Problem with Object Extended Properties and Actions recognition in one specific case
We have a set of tests coded with TestComplete 12.50 (12.50.4142.7 to be perfectly exact), working with common functions, and one day, one of these tests started logging errors dealing with interaction with objects like Tree Widget or Line Edit, which are manipulated in common functions. I mean all tests except it keep working correctly.
The problem is systematic since 3 weeks ago, we use SVN to versionning our test scripts and we did not identify any change on this test or on the common functions concerned when the problem appeared.
More details below :
- We have a project suite with one project for each test (each test has one test item running the test)
- We develop test on VM with TestComplete and execute them on other VM with TestExecute
- On VMs, OS is Microsoft Windows 10 Business, 64-bit (10.0 Build 17134)
- The test runs well on my development VM, on another execution VM too (which is currently use for other tests), but fails on the execution VM which it has to run
- The application we are testing is a Qt application
- Objects causing problem are custom Tree Widget or Line Edit inherited from QTreeWidget or QLineEdit
- These custom objects are well presents in our Object Mapping where they have to be (Qt Object Mapping, Tree Widget and Line Edit, for Current and Default Project Properties)
- We get errors like :
Unable to find the object wItems. See Additional Information for details. Additional Info : The object with the specified attributes does not exist. ... The object "wItems" does not exist. Additional Info : You are trying to call the "Item" method or property of the "wItems" object that does not exist. ... The object "wItems.Item("TESTCOMPLETE")" does not exist. Additional Info : You are trying to call the "Selected" method or property of the "wItems.Item("TESTCOMPLETE")" object that does not exist. ... Unable to find the object ClickItem("TESTCOMPLETE"). See Additional Information for details. Additional Info : The object with the specified attributes does not exist. ... Unable to find the object wText. See Additional Information for details. Additional Info : The object with the specified attributes does not exist.
- In these messages note that "TESTCOMPLETE" is the caption of the item we want to click on; and we check the item currently selected before. Besides, note that for each error, we got a screenshot and our application is well opened ans visible (we tried to force it with a SetFocus call before trying to interact with but it did not change nothing)
We do not manage to explain what could be the reason of this problem and what could bring it about suldenly. We tried to go through Object Mapping and other Project Properties, VMs OS versions, TestExecute version, comparing all these elements between each VM and each project (because other projects work well).
We read many forums on SmartBear Community but although we tried some suggestions found for other problems, we did not find solution.
Please, can somebody help us go through this problem ?
Solved! Go to Solution.
I suggest you contact Support directly for this issue. Here's the link:
[Community Heroes] are not employed by SmartBear Software but
are just volunteers who have some experience with the tools by SmartBear Software
and a desire to help others. Posts made by [Community Heroes]
may differ from the official policies of SmartBear Software and should be treated
as the own private opinion of their authors and under no circumstances as an
official answer from SmartBear Software.
The [Community Hero] signature is used with permission by SmartBear Software.
Thanks for your reply but finaly we solved the issue. It was not directly caused by TestComplete, but I put the answer if it can help someone in the future.
Our tests are launched automaticaly on our VMs running TestExecute by Jenkins. So we have a Jenkins slave on each VM, and the first step is to do an update of SVN repo.
It seems, this update was not done completely, so we cleared the workspace manualy and then it works well. There was certainly a TestComplete file corrupted (for an unknown reason) and not updated on each test.
So to solve our problem, in Jenkins we added on our job end an auto-clear of workspace.