Forum Discussion

anupamchampati
Frequent Contributor
6 years ago
Solved

Performance issue on running same project in different machines

I have 2 machine with same configuration setup with same project and sync with GIT.
1. after configuring with git it seems that performance is too slow
2. Testcase created and mapped on machine1 and when I run the same testcase in machine2 it took more time and many a times seems to he hanged

6 Replies

TanyaYatskovska
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Hi,

Do you have local GIT or is it hosted somewhere on the Internet?

Community, does anybody face similar behavior?

tristaanogre
      Esteemed Contributor

There was a problem reported a while ago where someone had the GIT source control enabled in their TestComplete environment and, for some reason, that caused performance issues.  It might have something to do with how GIT is installed locally on the machine.

As TanyaYatskovska mentioned, do you have the local command-line GIT client installed on that second workstation?  Make sure that you do and see if that improves things.

anupamchampati
        Frequent Contributor

GIT is configured on both the machine.

Is there any specific setting we need to check while setting up GIT?

Both using the same local branch and GIT TFS server are hosted in US and we are connected from India.

anupamchampati
      Frequent Contributor

It is hosted in the Server based in US and I am connected from India.

Does GIT continuously send or fetch some data from Testcomplete? specially related to Name Mapping.

Before are my observations

1. after I disabled Source Control from Testcomplete, Object mapping seems to be pretty fast less than 20 sec, but once I connect to GIT source control from testcomplete, it takes around 2min

2. Merge name mapping file : with GIT , it actually hangs Testcomplete and could not finish it for 4hours, I have to forcelly kill it. Once i disabled GIT, it is within 1min

tristaanogre
        Esteemed Contributor

Let's continue this conversation elsewhere where we've already discussed the GIT issue.