Forum Discussion

sridhar249
Occasional Contributor
2 years ago

Passing testcomplete project suite variables from Ready API

On the ready api, we can do Add step, Testcomplete as shown in the picture below.

The test complete step added above looks like this

In here, there is "Other args:" I was thinking these psv variables passed will be comsumed by the Testcomplete. But looks like it is not working as i expected.

Expected: On the testcomplete, ProjectSuite.Variables.testCaseNumber should be set to 1 and ProjectSuite.Variables.orderId should be set to 902783221

Actual: The testcomplete is setting, ProjectSuite.Variables.testCaseNumber = 1 /psv:orderId=902783221

bascially, it is treating everything after "/psv:testCaseNumber=" as it's value, which is n't correct. 

3 Replies

rraghvani
    Champion Level 3

Are you using the correct parameters?

/PSVar:VarName=VarValue (or /psv) for Project Suite variables

/PrjVar:VarName=VarValue (or /pv) for Project variables

Notes:

• The name of a passed variable should include only alphanumeric characters ('A'..'Z', 'a'..'z' and '0'..'9') and underscores ('_') and does not start with a digit.
    • TestComplete treats variable values passed via the command line as strings. If the value includes spaces, enclose it in quotes.
      sridhar249
      Occasional Contributor

yes, i am using the correct parameters. I have double checked it. I am using the project suite variables, /psv

The name of the variable includes only english alphabets and no spaces anywhere. So, no need to enclose in the quotes. I even tried enclosing in quotes, but still no luck.

I guess this is a limitation on the Ready api side that it is not passing the parameters as test complete is expecting.