Forum Discussion

ameett
Contributor
12 years ago

Objects are identified in a different way

Hello,

Earlier the objects were identified as Winforms object but now they are identified as Windows object . Also the WndClass has changed.

eg-

earlier -["WinFormsObject"]("FormTreeUI")

now-["Window"]("WindowsForms10.Window.8.app.0.2bf8098_r16_ad1", "FormTree")

Thanks in Advance,

ameett

4 Replies

ray_mosley
    Frequent Contributor
    I found the same kind of issue with "RecordCaption" and "RecordClass"; these are now captured as "WndCaption" and "WndClass".
    Anonymous

Ameet, objects in .NET apps must be recognized by TestComplete via WinFormsObject. If you see Window in the Object Browser, we need to investigate it. First of all, please check how TC recognizes the Order application shipped with the product. It's located here:

Windows 7, Windows Vista and Windows Server 2008: <Users>\Public\Documents\TestComplete 9 Samples\

Other operating systems: <Documents and Settings>\All Users\Documents\TestComplete 9 Samples\

Harlan, as far as I know, the RecordCaption and RecordClass properties are hidden. I think they are listed in the Object Browser - you just don't see them as the Tools | Options... | Engines | General | Show hidden members option is disabled.
    ray_mosley
    Frequent Contributor
    That's exactly what the complaint is.  RecordClass and RecordCaption were NOT hidden in 8.7, so scripts written in 8.7 now had to be rewritten.  I used those properties frequently, causing quite a bit of rework for me.
    Anonymous

Hi Harlan,

Sorry to hear that you had to rewrite your test. But, let me be more specific: RecordClass/RecordCaption are our internal properties that are used for internal usage. You can use these properties to map an object, but we don't guarantee that they will contain the needed information from build to build. The best popular properties to replace are WndCaption/WndClass. But, as I said, you still can use the RecordClass/RecordCaption properties - they are just invisible in the Object Browser.