Forum Discussion

mithunpal2
Contributor
6 years ago
Solved

Object browser is showing different button

See the screnshot of the applocation. I want to click on OK button but it is failing.

When verified that name mapping it is showing correct OK button

but when showing object browser, it is showing submit button that is different from that actual OK button.

How to solve the issue for the Object browser so that it is record correct Ok button instead of the submit button.

4 Replies

TanyaYatskovska
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Hi mithunpal2,

Thanks for the screenshots. According to one of them, you use only one property to map the OK button - ObjectType = Button. I recommend that you add one more mapping criterion - contentText=OK. This will help TestComplete find the needed button. Please refer to the following article to learn how to add the additional identifier:

https://support.smartbear.com/testcomplete/docs/testing-with/object-identification/name-mapping/basic-mapping-criteria.html

mithunpal2
      Contributor

This button problem is resolve but I have similar issue and the issue is same but instead of button it is Textbox. and I am not able to solve the issue by the above solution as those textbox fields don't have contentText property defined.

Here name mapping showing correct picture of the textbox but when I am opening this in object browser, it is showing different textbox field and I am not abole to add more properties that are different.

See the attached screenshot.

name.png showing correct textbox. but when I am opening object browser it is different field.

TanyaYatskovska
        SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Hi mithunpal2,

As cunderw said, you need to map an object by adding a bit more reliable identification parameters. Using one parameter which indicates the type of the object may not be enough.

BTW, as my previous reply helped you resolve the original question, do you mind accepting it as a solution? You should see a big green button next to that post. Thanks.