Forum Discussion

AshokChandra
Occasional Contributor
2 years ago

Navigate to next page not happening when the required data not present in the current page

In my application after creating data,it is listed in the table but with pagination.

Like the first page would have 10 items and the next page would have 10 more.

So when i create data, it gets stored randomly - either on 1st page or other pages.

Test Scenario- look for the created data in the table (irrespective of which page)

5 Replies

AshokChandra
      Occasional Contributor

There is an option to navigate to next page but before navigating i need to verify if the created data is available in the table of current page.

When i use If Then - Keyword test stops stating the object was not found, it would never go to the next line.

rraghvani
    Champion Level 3

If the object is not found, then you need to check the name mapping. Ensure the properties that you have selected to identify the object, do not change. As TC will not be able to identify the object.

AshokChandra
      Occasional Contributor

rraghvani wrote:

If the object is not found, then you need to check the name mapping. Ensure the properties that you have selected to identify the object, do not change. As TC will not be able to identify the object.

yes, the name mapping and the properties are all correct.

the created data might be in the current page or other pages - i need to verify or navigate to all other pages for the created data - which is not happening - TC just validates the current page and stops execution if data not found.

I want TC to check for the data in the current page -if available perform an action, and if the data is not available then i want test complete to move to the next line of code and navigate to the next page, again if the data is still not present in the second page then move to the third page until the data is found.