Forum Discussion

IRISQATeam
Contributor
9 years ago
Solved

NameMapping size is reduced drastically after upgrading to 10.60

Hi,

I have upgraded Testcomplete from 10.30 to 10.60 , after updrading I added one button object to NameMapping, it reduces the size of NameMapping drastically from 90.4 MB to 1.67MB. Just wondering is that right for NameMapping to be reduced like this?

Thanks.

IRISQATeam
    9 years ago

After the size reduction of NameMapping, all my scripts are working perfectly fine.

4 Replies

TanyaYatskovska
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Hi,

It makes sense to check the value of the Store Code Completion information option. Please read the "Name Mapping Editor - Toolbar" ( http://smartbear.com/viewarticle/63988/ ) article. Perhaps, it was set to Store full Code Completion data in TestComplete 10.3. In this case, TestComplete collects all information about mapped objects.

IRISQATeam
      Contributor

Hi Tanya,
      Thank for you reply. In Testcomplete 10.30 it was set to "Store brief Code Completion data" and I have the same option in TestComplete 10.60.
      I have observed one more thing in 10.60, if I change the value of  Store Code Completion information from "Store brief Code Completion data" to "Store full Code Completion data" it again reduced the NameMapping size from 90.4 MB to 1.67MB.

TanyaYatskovska
        SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Hi,

As far as I remember, there were some issues with Name Mapping’s huge size in earlier TestComplete 10 versions. Perhaps, this is the cause of what you see now. If your test works fine, I think you shouldn’t worry about the size reduction.