Forum Discussion

mfoster711
Regular Contributor
3 years ago
Solved

Managing many computers one project

We have 24 PC's that run TestExecute and perform most of our testing. These PCs all open and run a single TestComplete ProjectSuite that is stored on our shared network drive. 

Is this the "recommended way" to run tests on many PCs? Or, should we have an unique ProjectSuite for each PC?

I am asking this because we have difficulty dealing with Smartbear support at times. I feel like we are the only company running our tests this way and we encounter issues that nobody else seems to encounter.

Marsha_R
    3 years ago

I would still put a copy of TC on each machine and then have the process bring over a current copy of the Excel sheet to run from locally.

5 Replies

Marsha_R
    Champion Level 3

When I had multiple machines (not as many as you, but a few) running the same tests, we had TC installed on each machine and grabbed a copy of the tests from source control when the process started.  

mfoster711
      Regular Contributor

We don't use a source control. I don't see the need in having one. Our source code doesn't change that often. 

We use a keywoard driven approach for testing. Our keyword tests actually live in Excel files. So the only things that frequently change for us are the keyword tests in Excel and the namemap in TestComlplete.

Marsha_R
        Champion Level 3

I would still put a copy of TC on each machine and then have the process bring over a current copy of the Excel sheet to run from locally.