Forum Discussion

nisha11
Occasional Contributor
8 years ago

Lost variables after converting to TC12.0

Hi,

After converting my project to TC12.0 version, I lost all the project variables. TC12.0 creating more problems in terms of performance and data integrity. Lot of Rework.

5 Replies

Marsha_R
    Champion Level 3

I had that happen in earlier versions.  I would just open the project and the variables would be gone.  

• Hello Nisha,

We are not aware of this issue. I have just tried and my sample projects were converted just find.

If you still have the original TestComplete 11 project, I would really appreciate it if you submitted a new case to us and send this project so we can investigate this issue.

Thanks in advance!

nisha11
      Occasional Contributor

Hi Dmitry,

I still have a backup of my old testcomplete project. But as per company policy it is not advisable to send the project to 3rd party. Anyways, I have recreated all the variables in the newer version of testcomplete project.

But the issue not just stopped here. The converted project are not working  i.e. it's not able to identify objects and when I try to manually stop the execution it just hang there showing the message "Stopping..." .It takes more than 20 minutes to stop the playback.

I tried with a new project suite, project and tests in TC12.01 and it is working perfectly. The issue is with the project suite /projects converted from TC 11.31 to TC12.01 . we really looking forward a solution for this issue.

• Nisha,

The behavior you describe is really odd, we cannot recreate it with any of our projects here. If you are not allowed to provide us with your actual project, can you create a new sample project in TestComplete 11.31 and check whether you are facing the issue with it after converting to TestComplete 12? If yes, I would appreciate it if you posted this sample project here or submitted it to us using the Contact Support form.

Thanks!