JScript runtime error. ORA-12541: TNS:no listener
I have installed the new oracle 12 client on the machine (32 bit) , i have Excel-connecting to the oracle db as well, on the same machine, testcomplete keeps giving "JScript runtime error. ORA-12541: TNS:no listener Error location: Unit: "PWTestEngine\PWTestEngineJS\Script\TestActionsHelper" Line: 1185 Column: 3.
ORA-12541: TNS:no listener
var conObj = Sys.OleObject("ADODB.Connection");
var str1 = "Provider=OraOLEDB.Oracle;Data Source=(DESCRIPTION=(ADDRESS_LIST=(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=TCP)(HOST=";
var str2 = dbname + ")(PORT=" + dbport + ")))(CONNECT_DATA=(SERVICE_NAME= " + dbsid + ")(SERVER=DEDICATED)));";
var str3 = "User Id= " + dbuser + ";Password=" + dbpwd + ";";
var conString = str1 + str2+ str3;
str2 = dbName & ")(PORT=" & dbPort & ")))(CONNECT_DATA=(SERVICE_NAME= " & dbSid & ")(SERVER=DEDICATED)));"
str3 = "User Id= " & dbUser & ";Password=" & dbPwd & ";"
'--- Open the above connection string.
Solved! Go to Solution.
Under Help | About, what bitness of TestComplete are you running, x86 or 64 bit? Because if you're running 64-bit, since you're using the 32-bit driver, TestComplete won't "see" that driver. If you run TestComplete.exe from C:\Program Files (x86)\SmartBear\TestComplete 12\bin\, you'll be running the 32-bit version. Run that and see if your problem continues.
[Hall of Fame]
Please consider giving a Kudo if I write good stuff
Why automate? I do automated testing because there's only so much a human being can do and remain healthy. Sleep is a requirement. So, while people sleep, automation that I create does what I've described above in order to make sure that nothing gets past the final defense of the testing group.
I love good food, good books, good friends, and good fun.
Mysterious Gremlin Master
Vegas Thrill Rider
Hi Thank you for the response, my bad i did not include the test complete version before itself, i am using the 32 bit i have my shortcut referring to the below location
""C:\Program Files (x86)\SmartBear\TestComplete 12\Bin\TestComplete.exe""
added the env variable ORACLE_HOME , i had windows 10 installed on it and forgot about this PATH variable, this was working before the upgrade to windows 10. It started working once the path is added.