Forum Discussion

steve_clarke
Contributor
8 years ago

Issues with software compiled in Delphi 10.1 Berlin with custom styles applied.

Hi,

This is a general request to the Test Complete world, and specifically those of you working in the Delphi environment.

Has anyone else come across problems when running their automated tests (scripted in Delphi, I don't use keyword testing) when the run is against software that has been compiled with custom styling applied and, if so, how did you get around the problem...if at all?

I have an automated sanity test that runs against each new build released from the developers. This has being going well up until it was decided to apply custom styling.

Even the first release of the software, compiled in 10.1 Berlin, was fine for the sanity test, but the next, with custom styling applied failed left, right and centre.

As an example; one area tested interrogates the status bar of a loaded window to ensure that certain information is present and correct. This is carried out by checking the wText(n) property of the TStatusBar object. As described, prior to applying custom styling, no issue but, as soon as it runs against a release with custom styling applied, the test fails as Test Complete draws a blank when it finds the wText(n) property. Even the Object Spy cannot, any longer, find the text.

It's as though the custom styling somehow masks the wText proprty, of TStatusBar, from Test Complete.

Currently, I am unable to find a solution, so anyone that has encountered this issue and found a way around it, I would be very happy to hear how you managed it :-)

I should add; Delphi custom styles have been around for a while, so this issue may not be specifically related to 10.1 Berlin. Berlin just happens to be the first release were we have started using the styling.

Thanks,

Steve.

1 Reply

• Hi,

I have now raised this as a feature request.

Please see: "SmartBear Community\TestComplete\TestComplete Feature Requests: Working with Embarcadero's Delphi 'Themes' packs". Dated '‎01-19-2017'.

Cheers,

Steve.